Come January, the gym begins to overflow with those in search of achieving their health and fitness goals: New Year’s resolution season, as we like to call it. But it can be difficult to attain workout success when the fitness classes are packed, the treadmills full, and there’s hardly an open spot in the parking lot. We’ve been there, done that – and we’ve learned a long the way that there’s plenty you can do at home if you aren’t feeling up to the crowds at the gym. Your resolutions are yours to accomplish, in the gym and out.
But what kind of workout can you really get in at home? A great one, that’s what kind. We’ve got a few ideas to get you started.
- Invest in an online yoga membership. MyYogaWorks is offering a 3-month online membership while YogaDownload.com has a deal for a full year of unlimited online yoga, so you can get your zen on at home with expertise from the pros to keep you going. You can even enroll in an online yoga teacher certification course with Yahweh Yoga so you can start teaching yourself come the end of New Year’s resolution season!
- Sign up for a personal trainer. Phab Fuzion offers live streaming for online personal training sessions accompanied by a nutrition consultation in keeping with the notion of staying home for your work outs. But this can also be a great time to sign up for personal training in general – while the gym may be at its busiest, there’s normally a designated space for personal training and the one-on-one format is ideal at this time where classes tend to fill up quickly.
- Perfect your golf swing with virtual lessons. Tru Golf Swing’s 3 Week 3 Motion Challenge allows you to stay ready for putting season no matter how snowy winter may get. Your instructor has even taught ranked professionals!
- Create an at-home gym. Bring the gym to you! The Preform 550 is the perfect machine to kick start you off as well as a home elliptical.
- Invest in a set of weights. Building a full home gym with all the equipment can get expensive, but there are plenty of at home workouts you can do with just a set of weights – whether you’re following along with an online workout class or practicing strength training on your own.
- Learn up on nutrition and detox. While we’re focusing on working out, there are other things you can do to achieve your health goals as well. Karki Health, for example, has an eight-week online nutritional detox program and while you’re waiting for the crowds to die down, you can always kick start your health resolutions with a juicing cleanse or try out Nutrisystem Dinners 28-day plan.
Good luck to all – and remember, when working out gets to be too much, whether at the gym or at home, there’s always these yoga high waist tummy control leggings!