Love doesn’t have to be a battlefield. Make your heart feel good and connect with a new love interest when Match.com contributes to the American Heart Association throughout the month of September. This exclusive LivingSocial offer includes:
- $5 for a $25 credit to Match.com, the world’s largest relationship company
- Match.com will donate $10 to the American Heart Association for each voucher purchased on LivingSocial in September
The LivingSocial deal is Match’s “love-raiser” campaign to encourage current and potential Match members to donate to the American Heart Association. The online campaign is part of a national, three-year commitment by Match to donate at least $300,000 to help raise money and awareness to fight heart disease.
And if you’re already matched up yourself (you smitten kitten), pay the love forward to a family member or friend just by clicking the “Gift It” button on the love-raiser offer today.
The dog days are rolling in and you still haven’t had your dose of summer adventure. We’re here to help with some phenomenal last-minute travel packages for you to take advantage of before summer fades to fall. And, today and tomorrow only, enjoy 10% off any Escape when you use promo code “ESCAPE10” at checkout (full details can be found here.)
- Indulge in a week of all-inclusive beachfront splendor at Villa del Palmar Cancun. The property boasts several pools and gourmet restaurants, condo-style accommodations, and a five-star rating to boot.
- Hide away for the weekend at the plush Four Seasons Island Resort on the Menominee River in Wisconsin, which dates back to 1905. With a nine-hole, par-34 golf course, spa amenities, tennis, and expansive outdoor patios, we can’t think of a better place to relax and rejuvenate.
- Or make your kiddos’ destination dreams come true at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando. They’ll play among their favorite cartoon characters, you’ll get some poolside R&R, and everyone can enjoy a little slime time.
- Elegant, turn-of-the-century style in… San Diego? Add luxe to your beach weekend at the Gaslamp Quarter’s Four Diamond Westgate Hotel – and while you’re there, take a walk on the wild side at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, called “zoo of the future” by Frommer’s.
- Hit up Park Avenue for a sumptuous weekend at one of NYC’s crème de la crème hotels: The Waldorf Astoria. The property boasts an opulent lounge and spa, proving the perfect base camp for all of your back to school shopping. We’re fairly confident you’ll find lots to love in the Big Apple.
In the first few days of school, it’s easy to make rookie mistakes. Better to be well equipped from the get go with swanky dorm décor, all the necessary accessories, cool tech toys, and mementos from home.
First thing’s first — make your bed. With this 22-piece dorm set, complete with full bedding, a foam bed topper, bed bug protector, throw blanket, and towel and toiletry sets, you couldn’t be more prepared if you tried.
Put your fondest memories on display with canvases of your favorite photographs, and definitely don’t leave home without multi-purpose headphones to get you through workouts, paper writing, and potentially snoring roommates.
Guarantee that your space is the most popular on campus by having the very best of tech, such as the Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth Speaker, and host everyone’s favorite movie nights with a 32-in Samsung LED HDTV. And when you’re craving some me-time, belt it out with this Bluetooth shower speaker.
And maybe you can find some time to go to classes and the library too.
Take 15% off today through Sunday night by using promo code “15BACK” at purchase. Click here for details.
Our DC HQ was proud to host the Women Who Code DC meetup last week. Approximately 90 coders came by for a panel discussion led by three talented women developers who shared stories on how they learned to code, and how they clinched their first jobs as software developers.
The conversation covered the gamut from favorite projects to more serious topics, including age and gender in the coding world. This was the first Women Who Code event for more than a third of the audience, and coding bootcamps were a hot topic for the aspiring developers. The panelists’ advice before laying down your hard earned cash? Research! Talk to current and past students at each bootcamp you’re considering, and make sure the program has what you need from a work and life balance.
We love the chance to partner with groups like Women Who Code DC for many reasons – their mission to help women advance in technology careers aligns closely with our goal to provide team members with new and different challenges and opportunities. Inviting groups in to our space also provides us a great chance to shine a spotlight on some of the work we do. We’ve even met new hires through these events!
If you’re part of a meetup group that could be a good fit for LivingSocial to host, email us, and let’s talk.
Gone are the days of paper and pencil – the digital world is where it’s at. Come with us behind the binary curtain to learn with Mammouth Interactive how to walk the walk and talk code.
Founder John Bura graduated college and after experiencing a difficult job search, began teaching himself the coding language C# with only a DVD guide. In 2010, he released his own XBOX 360 game and the rest, as they say, is history.
One of his most successful students is Jay Salton, who created Monsters Unleased, in which a wizard duels undead monsters. Salton created his first game only one week after he found Mammouth Interactive’s HTML5 course online. “When people like Jay release their own app,” Bura says, “we know that we are doing our job correctly.”
The goal of Mammouth, says Bura, is “to give our customers the same experience of zero to hero without breaking the bank.” His deal on LivingSocial includes lifetime access to the classes and even has an option for a kids’ bundle.
Head back to school this fall, and make your coding skills shine. Register for Mammouth Interactive’s coding classes here.