Mom’s gonna love anything you give her. But why make Mother’s Day a snooze? Instead, liven up her special day with these 5 unique gifting ideas, handpicked by the LivingSocial team.
1. Rock Climbing
Got a mom that likes fitness? Skip the routine jog and opt for an exciting new challenge. A rock-climbing lesson—only $19—is the perfect way to start a shared hobby (and feel the burn).
2. Roses? Champagne? Facial? Yes, Please
Ordinary facials are great, but when it comes to treating Mom, you have to go above-and-beyond. That’s where the pros at this Miami spa come in: serving up some cool bubbly, expert estheticians will revitalize pores with naturally beautifying rose petals.
3. Sunbathing Underneath the Puerto Rican Sky
A quick trip down to the Caribbean doesn’t need to make your wallet cry. LivingSocial teams up with some of the best hotels in the region to deliver low prices for any kind of stay—no matter what your budget is like. Check out the historic Caribe Hilton, loved for its seaside views and dedication to luxury hospitality.
4. Chic Shades
Is Mom a fashionista? If so, these sunglasses from Tiffany & Co. are the perfect find. With a simple frame design, plus plenty of color options, the shades give off a timelessly stylish look that she’ll love.
5. Language Learning
Give Mom a new lifelong skill, a new language—LivingSocial offers tons of online courses. You can also grab an in-person class, like this one in LA.
Ready to unleash your silly side? Whether you’re a major prankster or an amateur jokester, the LivingSocial team has whipped up the perfect gags for some big laughs on April Fools’ Day.
- A Bittersweet Treat. Baking chocolate, found in most supermarkets, consists of pure cacao. And it’s unsweetened. The result? Offer your friend a piece—it looks and smells just like regular chocolate—and she’ll be in for a bitter surprise.
- Smoothie Time. Grab a plastic bug: the smaller, the better. Make a healthy green smoothie—think kale, spinach, lemon, and other classic ingredients. Throw in the fake bug. Your pal will love the tasty drink… until he sees the creepy-crawly addition.
- Ring, Ring, Ring. Pick up some tiny, low-cost alarm clocks. Our friends at Groupon offer these cute egg-shaped ones, at $5.95 each. Hide them throughout the house and set them for different times of the day.
- Eau de Vinegar. Pick out a small bottle of your favorite scent. (The fancier, the better—try this Burberry cologne). When you’re done using it, fill it up with some vinegar and gift this “fancy” fragrance.
Spring has officially arrived. We’ve pushed the clock a dreaded hour forward and are now gifted with longer days and more sunlight. Warmer weather is on the way, which means a family vacation is long overdue.
Whether you’re looking for an adventurous vacation out in the woods or a relaxing time at the beach, LivingSocial has a variety of family-friendly vacations that take the stress out of planning, allowing you to focus more on your time off with your family.
Take a trip to Yosemite National Park where you can take in the beauty of Bridalveil Falls or Mirror Lake. The Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging has a variety of lodging options from yurts for up to five, cabin lodging for up to eight, and an option between a retro or class trailer for up to six. In addition to the popular hiking trails, families can spend time at the resort in the games area playing volleyball, bocce, or horseshoes. At night, take in the stars and spend time by the fire rings in the group camping area.
Families looking for a beach alternative must checkout the all-inclusive five-day trip to Melia Nassau Beach Resort promotion. The escape package includes a round-trip international economy class flight from a number of large cities and double-occupancy accommodations for four nights in a deluxe pool-view room with room service. Lay by the beach as the kids spend time at a kids club at the resort. There is surely something for everyone.
If you’d like to see more family-friendly vacation options, make sure to check out LivingSocial’s summer family fun page.
It’s officially Spring and what better time to get clean and organized with these sparkling-fresh deals on our site!
Down in Atlanta, we have a great deal that lets you choose from one or two bedrooms for two hours, or three to four bedrooms for three hours of house cleaning. Get your house spick and span with a clean look for the season! Starting at $59.99, you should hop on this deal soon.
In Los Angeles, we’re offering three hours of deep-cleaning, three hours of deep cleaning for move-in or move-out, or two hours of house organization with two cleaners. If you’re too busy with work or personal life and have no time to organize, have professionals do the dirty work for you! This house cleaning service ranges from $59-$99 on our site. Purchase quick and book an appointment now.
Continuing on up the West Coast, Portland has a deal that you don’t want to miss out on either. Two, three or four hours of house cleaning with two cleaners for each option, will definitely get the job done right. Before purchasing, make sure to check and see if your zip code is covered in their service area.
Take a break, kick back and enjoy these cleaning services and others in cities nationwide on LivingSocial.com.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We’ve got a few ideas to bring you the luck of the Irish:
- Green beer is pretty much a St. Paddy’s Day staple. Making it is easy! Choose a beer, preferably a light-colored variety, and pour it slowly into a pint glass, at an angle to avoid too much foam building up. Just add green colored food dye, stir, and voila! – you are ready to get your green beer on. Perfect for a party or a pregame.
- Serve up a traditional Irish feast. St. Patrick’s Day doesn’t just have to be about drinking. Have some friends and family over for bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage, stew, and Shepherd’s Pie. We snagged a few Irish-inspired recipes from the Food Network to get you started – and if you’re not much of a cook or want to seek the authentic experience outside of your home, find a restaurant near you serving St. Patrick’s Day specials.
- Watch a classic Irish movie. Get in the festive spirit with The Quiet Man, Brooklyn, or The Boondock Saints. Enjoy your flick of choice with a glass of Guinness or your own batch of green beer!
- Plan your trip to Ireland. Go big or go home, amirite? Ireland is home to gorgeous landscapes, medieval castles, and the rich Irish culture that makes St. Patrick’s day the perfect timing to start planning.
- Get your leprechaun on at a local bar crawl or beer festival. Dress in green, pep yourself up with an Irish coffee, grab your friends and go! St. Patrick’s Day, after all, is the perfect excuse for indulging on beer and whiskey with your crew.
Whatever your interests, wherever you are, browse our deals to find something fun to do this St. Patrick’s Day weekend.